As Seen In
Who Am I?
Hello, I’m Lea Jovy-Ford (pronounced Lee-UH and not Lee).
I help founders and small business owners go ‘ from ME to WE’ and expand beyond themselves to grow a scalable, sustainable and global business…with equity and equality at the core.
I’ve worked for myself since 2005 and recently co-founded two startups – both in EdTech – and am currently the co-founder of Mission Equality and a virtual university, the Equaliversity.
Some of the things I’ve achieved in almost two decades of entrepreneurship:
- Since 2005, built and lead several remote teams for my own solo businesses, of between 5-15 people, creating cultures based on loyalty and trust before ‘remote’ was even a thing.
- Pioneered the global, life-changing Location Independent movement (which inspired the likes of Dell to jump on the bandwagon) which garnered international press.
- Built an 8-figure business & raised a pre-seed round of $500k in 6 weeks, in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic. This business was intentionally and consciously diverse and deeply committed to anti-racism and decolonising education.
Which means I have deep and relevant experience in…
- The visions & strategies needed to start, build and grow a scalable business, especially online and remotely.
- The operational nuts & bolts – processes, people and technology – to go from solo founder/business owner to entrepreneur, leader and with a bigger team.
I know what it takes to go from ME to WE, without losing me in the process. My goal is to do business differently. Subscribe to my newsletter to find out more about what that looks like.
- I’m Brown; born in HK to a Filipina mother, I was adopted at birth by white British parents.
- I’m a Woman; though I probably identify more as non-binary since gender is a social construct and at any given moment, I’m…me.
- I’m Gay; but only came out in my late 30s and married my wife in 2020.
- I’m a mother; to Milo and Samson, who I have home educated since birth.
- My core values are: Freedom, Integrity and Excellence.